This section contains all of the information, resources and tools business taxpayers will need relating to Motor Fuel Tax. Follow the links below and at the bottom of this page for details.
- Learn about it! See the Tax Information section for all of the details including tax regulations, tax rates, frequently asked questions (FAQs) and IFTA.
- File it! The Filing Information section has all the information and resources you need to file including registration information for new filers, related forms, filing instructions and due dates.
- Pay it! See the Payment Information section regarding the different payment methods available. If you miss a payment or fail to file a return see the Compliance Information section for details on penalties and liability.
- Get your refund! See the Refund Information section for types of motor fuel tax refunds and claim forms
- Get help! See the Contact Information section for additional assistance.
- The Maryland IFTA system, known as the Explorer system, uses the latest encryption and security technologies to provide for full electronic filing of returns and payments through common web browsers to the State of Maryland. Anyone with Internet access and proper authorization will be able to file an IFTA return electronically though our new IFTA system.
- For the 2016 decal year, the Comptroller of Maryland will not automatically renew Licenses and Decals. Instead Carriers will have the option to renew online or by paper renewal forms. For more information on the renewal process click Important Information for IFTA Licensees
- Important Information for IFTA Licenses